Last Previous
1950-1970

1950 | June 6

1950-1970

Executive Office Moves to Evanston
At the forty-first Convention held in Mackinac Island, Michigan, in 1956, it was announced that a property had been purchased in Evanston, Illinois, and the Alpha Phi Executive House was established at 634 Foster Street. In 1962, after the first chapter house at Syracuse was razed to make way for the Newhouse Communications center, two windows were moved from that historic house to the stairway of the Executive House in Evanston. The Executive House is now called the “Alpha Phi Executive Office,” and is stationed at 1930 Sherman Avenue, just one block away from its original Evanston location.
Next Next